Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

Today is actually the first day that FELT like a new year. Probably because I went back to work after several days off. I'd done such a superb job of pushing thoughts of work away while I was off; I was disoriented and felt like I didn't know what to do for a long while while I was there!
Work today went well; everyone pleasant and Marion happy to be back at work.
I got my lashes touched up today and enjoyed a chat with Kendrick. I ran some errands, did a little senseless shopping and didn't purchase a thing! THAT was a miracle. I have a gift card that I want to use, and I somehow feel that I need to give deeper thought to my desired item(s).
I came home and started to rotisserie a chicken and realized (after the horrible smoke filled the room) that the rotisserie, alas; had died. I decided to cook the chicken the old fashioned way and popped it and another just like it in the roasting pan. It wasn't a BAD thing, just not rotisseried chicken. I had plans for the chicken for wraps and snacks over the next couple of days, so it's off the carcass and in a bag in the refrigerator. Here's the link to the recipe that made me go out and get the chickens! http://bethsbestbites.blogspot.com/
Tonight was our Date night with the girls; to watch Beauty and the Beast. :) Great family time, if you dismiss the fact that somewhere about halfway through the movie, all three girls started saying 'Princeon is throwing up!' Yeah, he was... the cotton from the chewed up QTip that we found. Once that was taken care of, we resumed the movie without incident.
I finished my first Mountain Lake Scrapbook page. Go me! http://bethspicsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/01/mountain-lake-shunning.html

Tomorrow, I plan to go to the gym with Mark. I realized this evening that we need to figure out a plan for when we go together. When I go in the mornings with him, I end up at work earlier than I need to be. Might work on Thursdays, but Tuesdays and Wednesdays; wow, it just makes for LONG days.
Tomorrow I have Prime Timers at work. Prime Timers and preparation for Wednesday night dinner. I have promised Marion that I would chop the cabbage! Both meals should be simple and relatively without fuss. Here's hoping.

In talking to Kendrick this morning, she shared with me that last year she had promised herself that she would do one project around the house per month and that she didn't keep that promise last year. She has already done her January project for this year though. She inspired me.
I'm going to make a list of things that I can do myself, or largely by myself (that would mean Mark has to help me some) and, I'm going to do Kendrick's resolution: one project a month. I THINK my January project is going to be painting the hallway up the stairs. I've only put it off for about 12 years now; it's time.
So, today on a scale of 1 to 10... gets a 7. It's only a seven because I'd like to have gotten more done here at home, like laundry and cleaning; but it will happen.

No comments: