Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jan 4, 2011

Today, wow today sort of wore me out. We fed only about 73 people for Prime Timers today but it felt like a couple hundred. For whatever reason I felt sort of like I was dragging my feet through really thick mud today as we cooked, served and cleaned up. When I finally left work, you would have thought that I would have headed home right? Wrong. Beth decided to venture into the West End and go to Home Goods and Whole Foods. I managed to control the spending, but it was a close call! I had the pleasure of a cup of coffee while I was at Whole Foods, it was really nice and sort of gave me a little boost to finish my wandering around the West End.
When I got home, I was greeted by the girls telling me that WE have a problem. Seems Brittany came home and arrived at the same time as Sophia so Chelsea let them in the house. Now, Brittany was trying to leave and couldn't find her keys. They had looked everywhere that I suggested and then some. So I looked at Brittany and said "What did you do when you came home?" Her answer: "I ate a Clementine." 'What did you do after you ate the Clementine?' "Well," she says "I ate another Clementine." THAT was not exactly what I was searching for! After much more conversation and quizzing, Lindsay decided to check in the Expedition one more time. The keys were in the ignition. Problem solved.
I go out to move the car from behind Brittany and when I came back in, Linz was waiting by the door to chat, as I came in, I stepped on Princeton's foot. He screamed and held up his tiny paw for effect. I felt horrible. I picked him up and held him, crooning to him like a very old lady would her dozen cats. (I had a flash of my future and I mentally rejected it.) He was trembling, and in OUR world, that means one thing; Pubby needs to go outside. I take him out and stand waiting for him and freezing to death, while he finds just the right spot or one that he hasn't sniffed before now. I tell him good boy and let my eyes wander around the yard. I spotted the trash cans on the street and told Pubbs to 'stay' and I went to drag the two monstrous cans back to their spot by the garage. As I made my way toward the house, I lost sight of Princeton. I called to him to 'stay' and put the cans away. Then I realized that I couldn't see Princeton anywhere! My heart fell somewhere near my feet. We NEVER leave him alone in the yard, having been admonished by our breeder that he was so little that a hawk might find him to be a tasty temptation. I called him, and called him, feeling sicker by the second. I turned in a circle my eyes scanning the driveway and out of the corner of my eye, I see him turning as I do in an effort to stay behind me. So adorable, and yet kinda dumb.

Mark and I went to tan and then to dinner since the girls were gone in different directions. We came home, sorted some laundry and tidied up our room a bit. Changed the sheets on our bed and made it inviting. Our new technology for the bedroom? A set of 'electric' candles, nine of them of various sizes. They have a remote control. Of course this is very cool.

No comments: